One of the most complex tasks faced by Military and Commercial managers of complex and expensive parts is the initial identification and then the on-going asset (hardware and software) configuration and logistic data management. If handled well, strategic asset management can yield significant cost savings and contribute to the overall efficient analysis, operation and management of a system(s); and contribute to the safe and cost effective system operation.
The one constant in this environment is change, whereby asset configuration and attributes evolve constantly. This variability leads to an asset configuration nightmare, requiring the management of multiple configurations and associated data. The proper tracking and configuration management of assets is therefore a crucial task, which is all too often managed poorly.
Consequently, asset configuration management can consume vast amounts of resources, schedule and budget. Sophisticated software applications have been developed to assist in asset configuration management; however, they are usually extremely complicated and typically used by a very select segment of the management workforce. Add to this complexity the numerous other software applications that are used to track/manage assets and even with a high commitment and a suite of specialist tools, the required outcomes are habitually inaccurate.
Agile’s extensive experience in all aspects of ILS/LSA, particularly Spares Optimisation, Life Cycle Costing and Operation Capability Modelling and Analysis has ensured a practical approach to the development of the functionality contained in the AxiomCMTM suite.
Strategic Asset Configuration Management
The level of Asset Configuration Management required to support a system is a delicate balancing act between existing and mandatory management systems, and the need to have a ‘one truth’ repository that can not only synchronise these existing systems, but support the majority of logistic analysis tasks and reports, in a simple and logical manner.
Axiom CMTM permits every part of the organisation to view and update the various elements captured, thereby ensuring that the entire organisation is always looking at the most up-to-date information. This ‘one truth’ repository is then able to accurately support other data systems, analysis and reporting.
AxiomCMTM empowers your whole organisation by providing an integrated and common view of your asset system that is available to support every organisational function requiring access to accurate system data.
The AxiomCMTM software application has been developed over 10 years of ‘real world’ system management scenarios and is specifically designed to meet this centralised one ‘truth’ repository need.
AxiomCMTM Key Functions
- Multi System Management
- Physical and Functional Configuration Management (using LCN/ALC)
- CM - Parts (Structural, RI, BDS, Consumables), Software
- High Visibility of Parts Configuration and Data
- Part Evolution Tracking (Part number rolls, optional parts)
- Effectivity (multiple builds)
- Authority to Fit functionality
- Data Collection Traffic Light System (based on User defined selection)
- Supply Support Module
- Order, Ship, Receipt and Accept module
- Warehousing Functions (Inventory Control, etc)
- LORA Decision Recording (Full LORA Decision Process Module available
Comprehensive Asset Management for Cost Effective Results
AxiomCMTM Configuration Manager
Fully understanding your system structure is a fundamental precursor for all subsequent analysis and reporting tasks. AxiomCMTM Structure Manager allows for the rapid development of simple, or extremely complex, indentured system structures. Most management functions are automated, reducing manual data entry and data error, thereby ensuring data integrity. Drag & Drop functionality simplifies building the structure.
- Automatic LCN/ALC generation
- Work Area Code Recording
- Multiple Configuration Reference Recording
- Configuration Status Recording
- Product Baseline Allocation
- Functional System Mapping
- Comprehensive Configuration Drag, Drop and Clone functionality
Rapid and pragmatic construction of product configuration
AxiomCMTM Configuration Analyser
Once the system structure is defined, part information (Effectivity, Authority to Fit) can be added via the Configuration Analyser.
Part Effectivity captures individual Effectivity/Authority to Fit, by Product Baseline (PBL) or individual System Serials. All LORA decision for this part are also displayed and are hot-links to that part instance.
- Effectivity/Authority to Fit, by Product Baseline or Serial Number
- Part LORA Decision List
Part Details functionality allows the capture of a large range of Logistic and Supply data attributes, including multiple Reference Numbers to allow simple and effective cross-referencing between management systems.
- Multiple Part Allocation per Position
- Multiple Part Reference Recording
- Part Evolution Recording
- Pricing Data
- Codification Data
- Provisioning Data
- Supply/Repair Data
- Initial Warehouse Stock Level Recording
- Reliability Data
Comprehensive Part Data Recording
Level Of Repair Analysis
Basic Part LORA information is captured to support Logistic and Supply modelling and analysis. Agile is currently incorporating it’s proven LORA Decision Module (non-economic) that will feed and expand the current Part LORA data.
Order, Ship, Receipt
The AxiomCMTM fully integrated OSRA Module provides a complete part ordering, shipping, receipting and acceptance process for the acquisition phase, typically when company asset management systems are not populated and/or operational.
The following modules are being incorporated into the AxiomCMTM
- LORA (non-economic) - Proven
- LORA (economic)
- Spares Optimisation Tool (OPUS10) Data Export Function – Proven
- Life Cycle Costing Tool (CASA2000) Data Export Function – Proven
- Operational Capability and Logistics Analysis Tool (ASTOR) Data Export Function – Proven
- Mil-Std-1388-2b LSAR Interface (LSAR to Axiom) – Proven
- CAMM2 Source Data Interface and Analysis – Proven
- Task Management System
- Failure Mode, Effects and Criticality Analysis (FMECA)
- OSRA Barcode Generation - Proven